- Zoe Davis Dip CII
I am extremely excited to be representing the 2,084 members of this wonderful Institute as President for this year. As always, we have a packed schedule of Education/CPD/Events brought to you by our volunteer council members. I have no doubt 2023/2024 will be yet another fantastic year for the Institute!
My chosen Charity is Caring for Communities and People (CCP). This Charity was established by a fellow Insurance Industry member in Cheltenham in 1989 in response to the growing number of young people sleeping rough or in unsuitable accommodation in Cheltenham. The Charity aims to prevent the causes and reduce the effects of homelessness, family breakdown and exclusion. It offers a wide range of services and campaigns (which includes their famous ‘Hamper Scamper’ appeal).
Their services also include:
- Supported accommodation and support for young people facing homelessness, as well as children in, or about to leave, the care system
- Tenancy support to adults to help them sustain their home
- Parenting and family support, to intervene earlier and prevent crisis from emerging
- Access to affordable food, through its Community Pantry, serving 200 members on low income to have choice and to eat well
- Hamper Scamper appeal – Christmas giving scheme: relying on the generosity of businesses, schools, churches, and members of the public, as well as other evergreen and seasonal campaigns that create opportunities for volunteering, campaigning, fundraising and skills and resource exchange
Now is a more prevalent time than ever to support a charity like CCP and I will be raising awareness, taking part in fundraising activities and volunteering for this charity throughout my presidential year so I do hope you will help me in my endeavours to support CCP over the coming year. Please see their website for more information about the great work this charity does https://www.ccp.org.uk/
I would like to thank our wonderful members for their engagement and support of the Institute and the events we put on. I’d also like to give a special thanks to our hard-working local institute volunteers for the countless hours of time they put into making the Institute the success it is. Finally, thank you to my company, Ecclesiastical Insurance and my Underwriting Ops colleagues and friends for their continued support with my volunteering commitments, with a special mention to Tony Hutchins for his support during my presidency.