JO2 (Trusts) Pre Exam Training
The Personal Finance Society Hants and Dorset, Surrey & Thames Valley Regional Committees in association with the Insurance Institutes of Bournemouth, Guildford, Reading and Southampton have organised a training day for those members who are studying for and taking the JO2 examination.
The cost of the day’s training will be £41 for PFS members and £51 for non-PFS members. Your attendance will be confirmed once you have booked online. There is a maximum of 12 attendees. If we are oversubscribed, you will be placed on a waiting list.
Due to COVID-19 the Regional Committee have suspended all Face to Face events for 2020 and this event will be run as an Online Distance Learning event.
The day will commence at 0930 sharp and finish by 1630, with breaks timetabled for lunch etc throughout the day.
To significantly improve delegates’ chances of passing the exam by developing an understanding of the key technical points that are likely to be tested.
By the end of the event delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key characteristics of a trust.
- Explain how trusts can be set up together with the roles and responsibilities of trustees.
- Explain the main characteristics of Absolute, Interest in Possession and Discretionary trusts and how income and capital gains is calculated for each
- Identify what is a Relevant Property Trust and a Non-Relevant Property Trust and explain how this status affects liability to IHT
- Understand the main uses of trusts in financial planning.
- Explain the requirements for a will to be valid and the process to be followed by the executors in distributing the estate
- Know how a deceased’s estate is taxed before it is distributed
- Explain the rules of intestacy and the uses of Deeds of Variation
- Understand the concept of mental capacity and how it is used to establish the ability of an individual to make decisions.
- Explain how a General Power and Lasting Power of Attorney can be set up and administered
- Explain the procedures and implications of being made bankrupt.
The course trainer is John Trayner FCII FPFS, a CII approved trainer, who has supported the Personal Finance Society Hants and Dorset and Thames Valley Regions' exam revision programme since 2018.
To attend, please book online via the following link:
Any questions please email the Personal Finance Society Hants and Dorset Regional Committee on email@example.com.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
5 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.