Our 'Achiever of the Year' award will be presented at the 2020 Annual Dinner of The Insurance Institute of Cheltenham and Gloucester.
Is there someone in your office who deserves special recognition for their achievements?
Maybe they are:
- Making significant progress in their career
- Contributing something to the wider community
- Delivering a performance that constantly exceeds expectations
- Delivered an outstanding set of professional qualifications
If so, why not nominate them for the ‘Achiever of the Year’ award?
Each year, the Insurance Institute of Cheltenham and Gloucester publicly recognises and applauds outstanding achievement of a local insurance professional through the Achiever of the Year Award. The winner receives a cheque for £200, together with a special trophy, at our Annual Dinner. This year a runner up prize of a £50 cheque will also be presented.
There are a few simple rules:
- Nominees must work in the geographical area covered by the Insurance Institute of Cheltenham and Gloucester.
- Nominees do not have to be members of the CII and can have up to 10 years experience within the general insurance/financial services industry
- Companies may nominate up to two persons from each division of their business for the award
How to Enter
Sponsors should complete a simple nomination form - Please download the form below.
The sponsor should give the reasons why they are putting the nominee forward in no more than 200 words.
The nomination form should signify the sponsorship of the individual’s line manager and the consent of the nominee, and should be returned to the email address shown.
All nominations will be acknowledged.
A panel of Council Members from the Insurance Institute of Cheltenham and Gloucester will review all nomination forms and select finalists. The successful nominees chosen as finalists are likely to be those who inspire the panel members and who can be considered as role models for other employees of that Company.
Some examples of the Key Performance Indicators against which individuals could be measured are as follows:
- Those who may have achieved the successful delivery of a work based project which has made a significant contribution to the individual’s company, or
- Those who may have a record of particular achievement, perhaps as a result of extra-curricular activities, e.g. charitable, community or voluntary work, or
- Those who may have achieved a CII qualification within an especially short time scale, or perhaps with a National prize or a Distinction, or
- Those who may have achieved a successful completion of an outside qualification relevant to their role.
It should be stressed that the above are only examples of indicators and other, equally valid ones may be used by the Panel.
Presentation of Awards
The 2 Finalists selected by the panel will be invited as guests to the IIC&G Annual Dinner and will sit on a specific table sponsored by the Institute. Before that event, the panel will select a short list from the nomination list. On the night, the winner and runner up will be announced together with their employers.