CPD WEBINAR: Demystifying ART - non-conventional insurance options
This session looks at some of the non-conventional programme options that may be of interest to the more sophisticated client, and which gives brokers and insurers an opportunity to demonstrate innovation. The session will look at the main types of alternative risk transfer options.
CONTENT & LEARNING
• What is meant by alternative risk transfer? How it differs from ‘conventional’ insurance
• The main types of alternative risk transfer - mutuals, self-insurance /deductible programmes, captives, retrospective rating, catastrophe bonds, derivatives, pre- and post-loss funding options
• Main types of captives – owned, virtual, cell
• Key issues – credit risk for insurers (use of letters of credit), management/admin costs, time to set-up, difficulty of moving back to conventional basis, tax, few insurers able to offer ART, barrier to M&A activity
• Advantages/disadvantages of main types of ART - self-insurance, captives. retro-rating
• Be aware of the main types of non-conventional insurance programmes available
• Be able to identify when non-conventional insurance might be viable
• Know the key issues when discussing non-conventional insurance with a client
This session will be recorded and is only available via Zoom. The link will be sent out to all of those who have booked 48 hours before the event. By booking in advance, this is the only way to receive a recording of the event
Any questions please email Education Lead email@example.com
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.