Diploma in Insurance Online Training Programme
The Diploma in Insurance programme is open to any member who has already achieved their Certificate in Insurance qualification and works within the South West region, be that in broking, underwriting, claims or another area of the profession.
Over 15 months the institute will hold 16 full day workshops, four for each subject:
M80 Underwriting Practice
M85 Claims Practice
MO5 Insurance Law (compulsory subject)
M92 Insurance Business and Finance (compulsory subject)
The workshops will be a mix of chapter progression and revision workshops.
The programme does NOT include cost of the associated exam enrolment, exam sitting and other support materials. Participants or their employer are expected to pay for associated exams.
With this programme you will be able to cut down on the amount of study time needed to crack the coursework, whilst working with a group of people who are going through the same subjects, and at the end achieving your Diploma in Insurance qualification.
Led by one of the UK's foremost insurance trainers, Alan Chandler, the syllabus will be explained in plain English with practical examples.
By participating in this fast track programme, delegates will be able to:
- describe the main principles within the framework
- identify the right techniques to use in the coursework and multiple choice examinations
- apply the knowledge gained
Subject One M80 Underwriting Practice
M80 Day one Tuesday 26 April
M80 Day two Thursday 12 May
M80 Day three Friday 10 June
M80 Day four Wednesday 13 July
Subject Two M85 Claims Practice
M85 Day one Wednesday 03 August
M85 Day two Friday 02 September
M85 Day three Wednesday 05 October
M85 Day four Tuesday 01 November
Subject Three MO5 Insurance Law
MO5 Day one Wednesday 30 November
MO5 Day two Thursday 12 January 2023
MO5 Day three Weds 22 February 2023
MO5 Day four Weds 29 March 2023
Subject Four M92 Business and Finance
M92 Day one Friday 14 April 2023
M92 Day two Friday 26 May 2023
M92 Day three Friday 30 June 2023
M92 Day four Friday 21 July 2023
All workshops will be held 09.00 – 16.00 via the Zoom platform. Links and workbooks will be provided to participants ahead of each session.
- Applicants must be a CII member to proceed
- Applicants must work within the insurance profession in the given local institute region only
- Applications should be supported by their line manager / employer (via application support statement)
- Applicants or their employer will be required to pay for coursework entry fees and study materials
- The programme is limited to 20 members (per regional programme)
- Applicants must be committed to attaining their qualification
- Applicants are expected to attend all sessions/workshops
- A fee of £250 will be applicable if a place is cancelled at late notice. Recordings will be made available for a delegate who is unable to attend fixed date, but a delegate should miss no more than two sessions.
- Applicants must commit to taking an examination after the completion of each revision unit.
Want to enroll?
Applying could not be easier; simply check that you meet the entry criteria then complete the booking process.
Places will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis and there is likely to be considerable interest, so please act quickly.
Applicants will be then required to complete a straightforward Application Support statement to confirm their place.
Please note: This event is a regional collaboration between the local institutes in the area. Your booking details will be shared with the Insurance Institute of Bristol, which is acting as the host institute for this event.