CPD WEBINAR: Legal Principles of Insurance
The Legal Principles of Insurance
This webinar will provide a plain English overview of the main legal principles of insurance, which are:
1. Insurable interest
2. Proximate cause
6. The duty not to misrepresent/ Fair presentation of risk
All staff working in the insurance industry should have a practical working knowledge of these principles and this one-hour webinar delivered by Alan Chandler, one of the most popular insurance presenters in the UK, will provide the practical knowledge of these very important pillars that underpin our industry.
This one-hour webinar will be useful for all brokers, underwriters, and claims staff and as they form the main basis of the Cii exams very useful for anyone studying subjects such as IF1 and MO5.
Following this webinar delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principle of Insurable interest
- Understand the principle Proximate cause
- Understand the principle of Indemnity
- Understand the principle of Subrogation
- Understand the principle of Contribution
- Understand the principles of the Duty not to misrepresent/fair presentation of risk
This is a Zoom webinar. Links will be sent out nearer the event. Only pre-booking secures a recording of the event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.