Tue 17 Oct. 2023
The Insurance Charities Offers Dementia Training
The Insurance Charities are delighted to offer the insurance community a new programme of dementia training through its ongoing partnership with Alzheimer’s Society.
They have two courses available which will each run twice, be hosted online, and are free to attend.
- Dementia awareness training – (one day)
22 November 2023 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Improving communication for people living with dementia – (three hours)
21 February 2024 – 12pm - 3pm
- Dementia awareness training - (one day)
13 March 2024 – 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Improving communication for people living with dementia - (three hours)
17 April 2024 – 12pm - 3pm
This CPD-certified training is a skills-based course suitable for anyone who would like to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia.
You will learn:
- The signs and symptoms of dementia
- How dementia affects behaviour, the senses, and communication
- How to build positive relationships with people affected by dementia using increased knowledge, empathy, and practical skills.
Improving communication for people living with dementia
This course explores the principles of communication, including the challenges and complexities we all encounter when communicating. It will also identify how dementia can impact a person’s ability to communicate and the additional challenges this creates
You will learn how to:
- Identify the key elements of communication
- Understand the barriers to effective communication
- List common communication errors
- Explore how to enhance non-verbal communication
- Be aware of the communication benefits of being non-judgemental
- Demonstrate empathy skills
- Know how to give effective feedback
Further details can be found here.